Sunday 11 December 2016

Royal Enfield Ensign 150cc





The Poly chromatic Beech is the highest point of-the-range shading for '53-'55 machines. I have a '53 500 Bullet precisely reestablished in this shading and a '53 700 Meteor which a past proprietor has hand painted an enchanting slop chestnut. (I like it like this; it is an extremely unique cruiser yet the horrendous paint means I'm not reluctant to ride it throughout the entire year!) Anyway, I deviate. The list pictures as of now show dark painted headlights yet I think these pictures were made for exposure material (as realistic workmanship or photographs) at the pre-generation arrange. Base (default) shading for Lucas items was dark yet extraordinary completions were connected for particular makers and I've positively observed a lot of Enfields with shading coordinated headlights however not very many in dark. I tend to the feeling that the shading would ordinarily be brought through. I had felt that exclusive the Meteor and 500 Bullet were Poly Beech (which looks rather chestnut unless under splendid light) in the '53-'55 period so you've demonstrated me something new!

The merchant let us know just that it is a "1954 Royal Enfield 150cc with seat pack. Awesome condition, used to run when I place it away two years back, clean title, armed force green, all decals original."Based on what the photos appear, and the little reference material I have close by, I answered that this resembles a Royal Enfield, okay: the 148cc Ensign two-stroke, and the model year even looks right, 1954, which is the point at which the tank identifications showed up, supplanting a more straightforward prior design.This cruiser was an outgrowth of the wartime Flying Flea, broadly dropped by parachute in World War II. It had a greater engine, a genuine front suspension (rather than elastic groups) and even an unrefined back suspension (undamped springs).While these were huge enhancements, this model lacks the rough, military interest of the prior Flea. It's practically civilized.The speedometer would have been a discretionary additional. 

The right shading for 1954 was something many refer to as "polychromatic beech." That might be the shading we see here, yet my book says the front lamp ought to be dark, while this one is body shading; so perhaps this bike has been repainted or my book isn't right. This was the main year for chromed wheel edges, and we see them here.The 1954 had the benefit of a greater tank, yet it didn't have the enhanced brakes that tagged along in 1955. A knob horn would have been standard hardware, and this bike would look fabulous with one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment